Getting Started:

How can ES Healthcare, a division of The Execu|Search Group, help me find employment?

We will assist you in the licensing process, obtaining your visa/green card, and finding the right job for you. Our International Healthcare division is made up of experienced immigration attorneys, credentialing/licensing specialists, and seasoned staffing professionals – all of whom will help you to get the required licenses and authorizations for employment in the U.S. We will assist in all necessary steps, including your Visa Screen and your state license application. With the assistance of our immigration attorney, we will sponsor you for a work visa or a green card to work in the U.S.

Our Process & Opportunities:

How long does the process take?

If you have not started collecting documents for the credentialing processing, it may take up to one year to get the appropriate credentialing. However, processing times vary depending on where you are in the process when you join Execu|Search. We will assist you in a number of steps (i.e. Praxis exam, ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence, etc.) to ensure you are able to get through the process as quickly as possible.

Do you assist with finding housing?

We will assist you in finding housing accommodations by providing you with various websites to complement your search for a house or apartment. We will visit any apartments you are interested in and can meet with potential landlords prior to your arrival within the NYC metro area only. We'll also provide you with letters of employment to verify your work status with us.

What types of assignments are available?

Our clients include schools, clinics, hospitals and pediatric and adult rehab centers throughout the New York City metro area.

Exams, Assignments & Costs:

What are the costs associated with working with ES Healthcare, a division of The Execu|Search Group?

All sponsored candidates will cover initial costs related to the credentialing process (i.e., SLP exam cost, Visa Credentialing Verification Certification cost, etc.). Reimbursements for these costs will be outlined in your offer letter.

What is a Visa Screen Certificate (VSC)?

U.S. immigration law requires that certain foreign healthcare workers, including Speech Language Pathologists, obtain a foreign healthcare certificate. This is commonly referred to as a “visa screen.” Currently, there is only one accredited agency authorized to issue these certificates for SLPs: CGFNS. The purpose of this requirement is to verify that foreign healthcare workers possess the requisite education and English fluency.

Do I have to take an English exam?

Yes. You will need to complete the TOEFL exam. This is required for all applicants who are not graduates of programs from Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand and the U.K.

Where can I take the Praxis exam?

The Praxis exam is administered in various locations worldwide. For more information on the exam, locations and schedules, please visit

Compensation & Benefits:

Will I receive any vacation or time off?

You will receive a reasonable amount of vacation time as well as wellness days.

Do you provide benefits?

As an employee of The Execu|Search Group, you will be eligible to participate in the firm’s benefits program. Currently, our benefits package includes: major medical, hospitalization, long-term disability, vision and dental. After 1 year, all employees are eligible to enroll in our 401k plan. Medical benefits begin on your first day of clinical employment, while dental and vision benefits begin 90 days after the first day of clinical employment.

Will I be able to take classes or continuing education while working in the United States?

We offer an annual $300 credit for a continuing education class of your choice. We also offer a number of in-house training opportunities presented by our on-staff therapist. We highly encourage sponsored therapists to pursue continuing education opportunities and professional development.

How much will I be taxed?

Your tax rate will depend on your marital status and number of dependents. You can learn more about tax rates at


If I have extensive work experience, will that satisfy the Clinical Fellowship requirement?

No. New York State standards mandate that the Clinical Fellow must be supervised by a New York licensed SLP. If working outside of the State of New York, Clinical Fellows must be supervised by an ASHA certified SLP within the United States.

Can my family come to the U.S. with me?

Yes, your spouse and dependent children under the age of 21 can accompany you to the U.S. and will receive visa status permitting them to live in the U.S. If you receive a green card, your family will have the opportunity to apply for work authorization.

What if I am not happy with my work placement?

We will always attempt to find the right fit based on your professional background and preferences. If necessary, we will do our best to change your work site.

Learn more about what to expect during the process of working with us:
Learn More